BREAKERS – timely tidbits and follow-ups to previously published stories:
- St. Andrews Lodge saved from destruction
- Virtual panel discussion on domestic violence
- Shop the Village!
- Get into the act with the Echo Players
St. Andrews Lodge saved from destruction
In follow-up to our previous story Town staff try to thwart preservation of St. Andrews Lodge:
Virtual panel discussion on domestic violence – Silent no more
The Advocacy Committee of the local Canadian Federation of University Women club will host a online panel discussion about domestic violence on Sunday, November 29 at 2PM. The current pandemic, with its stay-at-home emphasis, has worsened the problem of domestic violence, affecting both women and children.
The panel will include:
- Dawn Clark and Toni Wheeler of the Haven Society
- Dr. Paddy Mark, addiction specialist
- Dave Arnell, Counsellor with “Men Choose Respect”
- Constable Tara Guellett, RCMP Oceanside
- Bonnie Wallis, local businesswoman
For tickets, email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the CFUW website Contact Form to request attendance. Registration space is limited.
Shop the Village!
Get into the act with the Echo Players
Get in touch with the Echo Players to see how you might fare on or behind the stage after the pandemic settles down. They’re casting!